Steak on a Stick Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Freeze steak for 1-1/2 hours. Cut diagonally into 1/4-in. slices. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into another small bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef ribbon-style on 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness(for medium, a meat thermometer should read 165°; well-done 180°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 201 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0.550g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat
Reviews for Steak on a Stick
"Delicious and fun to eat!!!"
"Delicious and fun to eat!"
"The sauce over powers the steak in my opinion. My husband and kids enjoyed it."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.