Spinach Feta Turnovers
These quick and easy turnovers are a favorite with my wife, who says they are delicious and melt in your mouth.David Baruch, Weston, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed, squeezed dry and chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs; reserving 1 tablespoon egg and set
- aside. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, feta cheese, garlic,
- pepper and remaining eggs.
- Unroll pizza dough; roll into a 12-in. square. Cut into four 3-in.
- squares. Top each square with about 1/3 cup spinach mixture. Fold
- into a triangle and pinch edges to seal. Cut slits in top; brush
- with reserved egg.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or
- until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One turnover (prepared with egg substitute) equals 296 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 904 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.