Spinach Feta Turnovers Recipe
These quick and easy turnovers are a favorite with my wife, who says they are delicious and melt in your mouth.—David Baruch, Weston, Florida
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed, squeezed dry and chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk eggs; reserving 1 tablespoon egg and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, feta cheese, garlic, pepper and remaining eggs.
- 2. Unroll pizza dough; roll into a 12-in. square. Cut into four 3-in. squares. Top each square with about 1/3 cup spinach mixture. Fold into a triangle and pinch edges to seal. Cut slits in top; brush with reserved egg.
- 3. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 296 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 904mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Feta Turnovers
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2010
"This recipe was just ok; edible, but bland."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC