Spinach-Beef Spaghetti Pie Recipe
With its angel hair pasta crust, this cheesy ground beef, tomato and spinach pie is always a hit when I serve it. Each neat slice has layers of pasta, cream cheese filling and spinach topping. —Carol Hicks Pensacola, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Add eggs and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Between two pieces of waxed paper, roll out cream cheese into a 7-in. circle. Place in crust. Top with spinach and meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 377 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC