- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Add eggs and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Between two pieces of waxed paper, roll out cream cheese into a 7-in. circle. Place in crust. Top with spinach and meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSpinach-Beef Spaghetti Pie
"I made as written with the exception of using FRESH spinach instead of frozen. Getting all the liquid out of the spinach took much longer than I expected, therefore my prep time was extended. The dish was a hit with my family, including my 18-month old granddaughter! However, my two adult daughters and I agreed that it would have been better if I had just cooked it all on the stove like regular spaghetti. Therefore, I will try that the next time I make it."
"Love the flavors of this pie!! Will fix again!!"
"Will try this again as i had to pass this one off to the spouse at the last minute. It was edible -- but it was "a hot mess". goopy with no distinct flavors."
"this is a great one"
"Loved this recipe! I was a little hesitant about the cream cheese layer. I thought that I might not like it, but it was delicious and easy."
"Thank god I remembered I saw this recipe here. This is by far the most delicious Spag pie I ever tasted. When I don't have spinach I use swiss chard. I think the cream cheese is what makes it! I'm going to put some ricotta in it tonight to see how it goes with the cream cheese."