Spiced Pear Muffins Recipe
I got this outstanding recipe from the custodian at our church, who fixes these moist, fruity muffins and shares them with friends. He gave me one to try a couple years ago, and I was hooked. The tasty combination of pears and spices is irresistible. -Linda Jachimstal, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled pears (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, yogurt, oil and molasses until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pears, raisins and walnuts.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen mini muffins or 16 regular muffins.
1 serving (2 each) equals 276 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Pear Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC