- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled pears (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, yogurt, oil and molasses until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pears, raisins and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen mini muffins or 16 regular muffins.
Reviews forSpiced Pear Muffins
"Excellent! This is a moist and flavorful muffin. I used all my batter to fill a dozen muffins, so they were big and beautiful. I did substitute diced candied ginger in place of raisins, and used sour cream in place of yogurt."
"I have made this recipe at least 5 times already...I had joined a CSA (community supported agriculture) and was getting boxes of fruits and veggies delivered every week. After a while I had so many apples and pears I was running out of ideas and I didn't want to do a dessert that would just tempt my family to consume unwanted calories. These muffins made for a tasty breakfast idea with a great ginger and spice flavor! I used the pear flavored Chobani brand of Greek Yogurt instead of plain and diced up some candy ginger to add to the batter. With one batch I also used dried cranberries instead of raisins and I usually sprinkle a little sugar in the raw and cinnamon on top. Instead of cupcake sized pan, you could use the big muffin tins for meal sized muffins or minis for a snack size...Just some ideas to play around with!!!"
"These muffins are so tasty! The house smells of autumn as they bake. I plan to include some of these muffins in a large gift basket for a silent auction at our church. I'm certain whoever wins the bid for it will love these muffins. I made them without any changes. Yummy!"
"Love Them!!!Even KIDS love them. I was shocked."