Special Egg Salad Recipe
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the mayonnaise, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper; fold in the eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve on toast with lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich: 259 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 225mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Special Egg Salad
"Ok,not great but ok man of little wrods I thanks you"
"Very healthy and tasty. Nice! MMMM!"