Special Egg Salad Recipe
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the mayonnaise, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper; fold in the eggs. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve on toast with lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich: 259 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 225mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Special Egg Salad
"Excellent! My husband didn't even notice he wasn't eating my usual egg salad. Great healthy lunch."
"Ok,not great but ok man of little wrods I thanks you"
"Very healthy and tasty. Nice! MMMM!"
"This egg salad recipe was very good! I like my egg salad warm so I skipped the regrigerate for 1 hour and ate the salad as soon as I was done making it. Thanks, will definitely use this recipe again."