Spanish Pork Steaks Recipe
- 6 pork shoulder or sirloin steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown steaks. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Top with mushrooms, olives, green pepper, onion and garlic.
- 2. Combine the flour, sugar and remaining salt; gradually stir in tomato juice until smooth. Pour over vegetables Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 329 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Reviews for Spanish Pork Steaks
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.