Spanish Pork Steaks Recipe
- 6 pork shoulder or sirloin steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown steaks. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Top with mushrooms, olives, green pepper, onion and garlic.
- 2. Combine the flour, sugar and remaining salt; gradually stir in tomato juice until smooth. Pour over vegetables Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 329 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 905mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Reviews for Spanish Pork Steaks
"I think it's going to be amazing. I browned 5 pork steaks in olive oil in a electric skillet sprinkled with tonys Cajun seasoning. Then layered each one in the crock pot using a whole onion, bell pepper and garlic sprinkling a little on each steak as I layered also did 3 cups V8 original juice, 3 T. cornstarch cuz I didn't have flour and 2 T of sugar and put some on each one as I layered too. It's in the crock pot as I type will update later on the results. UPDATE: OMG this was the freaking bomb!! All the ladies asked for the recipe!!! Note I omitted the olives and mushrooms."
"This makes a wonderful and easy dinner! I didn't have the olives or mushrooms but it was still great. Can't wait to make it with the missing ingredients!"
"This recipe is DELICIOUS!! Followed the recipe (with exception of olives -omitted those). The pork steaks came out so tender. It even pleased my very picky children! This is a family favorite!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.