Spanish Pork Steaks
When I lived on a farm where we prepared our own meat, this recipe was used quite often. Now my own family expects to see this dish on the menu regularly.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 pork shoulder or sirloin steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups tomato juice
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown steaks. Place in an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon
- salt and pepper. Top with mushrooms, olives, green pepper, onion and
- Combine the flour, sugar and remaining salt; gradually stir in tomato
- juice until smooth. Pour over vegetables Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 329 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.