Spaghetti Pork Chops
This succulent pork supper was sent in by Ellen Gallavan, Midland, Michigan. The moist chops simmer to perfection in a tangy sauce, then are served over pasta. "This was one of my mother's most-loved recipes," she shares.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the tomato sauce, soup, onion, bay
- leaf, celery seed and Italian seasoning.
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Add to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard
- bay leaf. Serve chops and sauce over spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.