Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
From LaGrange, Georgia, Kim Rocker writes, “This is an easy dish to prepare ahead of time, refrigerate and bake just before company arrives.” Canned soup makes this casserole creamy but it still cuts well for serving.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Drain pasta. Combine soup and sour cream. In two 8-in. square baking dishes, layer half of the meat sauce, pasta, soup mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
Cover and bake 55-65 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casseroles, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC