From LaGrange, Georgia, Kim Rocker writes, “This is an easy dish to prepare ahead of time, refrigerate and bake just before company arrives.” Canned soup makes this casserole creamy but it still cuts well for serving.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Remove
- from the heat.
- Drain pasta. Combine soup and sour cream. In two 8-in. square baking
- dishes, layer half of the meat sauce, pasta, soup mixture and
- cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake 55-65 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot