- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta. Combine soup and sour cream. In two 8-in. square baking dishes, layer half of the meat sauce, pasta, soup mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
Cover and bake 55-65 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casseroles, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews forSpaghetti Casserole
"It was a very good hotdish and was even able to cut it into squares. I will make it again. I made some substitutions since I didn't have all the ingredients. I used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and made tomatoe sauce from a can of tomatoe paste. I used cheddar cheese. I did add some pepperoni since I had some in my fridge. Lastly, I mixed a little grated Parmesan cheese into the soup mixture. My teen boys loved it!"
"Delicious. My family really liked it. The sour cream really adds a nice taste. This is a keeper."
"Delicious & easy, everyone I've made it for asks for the recipe!"
"Here is my blog post on this. I added mushrooms and it was great. http://heatskitchen.com/2011/04/28/spaghetti-casserole/"
"We really enjoyed this recipe it was great. Love the sour cream in it. My family is begging me to make it again next week. I will absolutely make this again."
"I read all the reviews and took the advice of others to add herbs, onions, and garlic to add flavor. My boys (11 and 8) liked it, but said it needed more spice. My husband thought it was just okay. I felt like it was missing spice too. If I make it again, I'll try a different sauce, like arrabiata or add red pepper flakes."
"Yummy & easy!! And great that it can be assembled ahead of time. The only change I made was adding some Italian seasoning while the meat was cooking. Kids & hubby loved it. Will definitely make it again. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Very Tasty and super easy to make"
"I would like to try this recipe but the can of soup will not be gluten fee. Any ideas for a substitute It would be nice if more recipes would mention alternatives to ingredients that have gluten."