My mother gave me this recipe several years ago, and we have prepared it often ever since. It can be a meal in itself...or serve it along with a Mexican meal. I often take it to potlucks and watch it disappear in no time!
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups corn chips
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the beans, green onions, tomato,
- avocado and half of the Catalina dressing. Top with cheese and then
- lettuce. Refrigerate. Just before serving, add corn chips to salad
- and toss. Serve with remaining dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 344 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 543 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.