- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups corn chips
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the beans, green onions, tomato, avocado and half of the Catalina dressing. Top with cheese and then lettuce. Refrigerate. Just before serving, add corn chips to salad and toss. Pass the remaining dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSouthwestern Salad
"Made salad as directed but substituted Litehouse Jalapeno Ranch dressing for the Catalina...fabulous!"