Southwestern Pineapple Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup medium salsa
- Minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with pepper blend. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine pineapple and salsa. Bring to a boil. Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce equals 274 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.