Southwestern Pineapple Pork Chops
This quick-to-fix entrée will instantly transport you to the Southwest. Salsa plays lively counterpoint to the juicy pineapple-sweetened pork chops.—Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup medium salsa
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper blend. In a large skillet, brown
- chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine pineapple and salsa. Bring to a boil.
- Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20
- minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce equals 274 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a