- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup medium salsa
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper blend. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine pineapple and salsa. Bring to a boil. Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSouthwestern Pineapple Pork Chops
"We enjoyed this very much. Will be making this again."
"Just made this meal, turned out great. I added chopped green and red peppers to the salsa with a little balsamic vinegar, really brings out flavor of salsa and pineapple. Can't wait to serve to my family. I added Mixed Veg Potato salad and Brown Rice/Gungu Peas as sides. Yum Nice Big mean, all turned out excellent....."
"I am allergic to pineapple, can I use mango instead? Otherwise this sounds wonderful!"
"Fast, easy, and delicious. Great weeknight meal."
"I was surprised at how well we liked this. My picky 8 year old loved it! I served this with fried potatoes, refried beans and flour tortillas that we had leftover from taco night."
"So simple and very tasty. I served it with jasmine rice. I also used pineapple tidbits instead of the crushed. I don't think I would have liked that texture."
"Unbelievably simple and delicious quick dish to prepare. The family absolutely loved the presentation and flavor of the shallots."
"I made this for my family of 4 and my daughter who thinks she should be a vegetarian though she loves bacon, ham and hot dogs LOVED this. My mom who is not a fan of salsa except on chips really liked it, too. A big hit and a make again item!"
"This recipe was very easy, fast, and tasted great. I may use spicier salsa the next time since my husband and I like extra heat."
"I'm not a big salsa type, but loved this recipe! Pineapple and salsa is a great combination. This one is a keeper."