Southwest Sausage Bake Recipe
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, garlic salt, onion salt, pepper and ground cumin
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Sour cream and salsa
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the tortilla strips, chilies, sausage and cheese. Repeat layers.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over cheese. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes. Arrange tomato slices over the top. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 329 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 209 mg cholesterol, 701 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.