Sourdough Veggie Sandwiches
This appealing sandwich from Billie Moss of El Sobrante, California is easy to assemble. "My husband and I love these on Sunday after church," she says.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 to 2 tablespoons salted sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. On two slices,
- layer with cheese, zucchini, tomato, carrot and sunflower kernels.
- Top with remaining bread, mayonnaise side down. Spread butter over
- the outside of bread.
- In a large skillet, cook over medium heat until bread is lightly
- toasted and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 643 calories, 43 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 962 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.