Soft Oatmeal Bread Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 3. Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).
1 slice: 127 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Soft Oatmeal Bread
"anyone have this recipe for 1 lb loaf? should I just cut in half?"
"This bread is amazing! It's light and tasty, will definitely make again as it was enjoyed by all!"
"I've been looking for a recipe that suits my family of five and this one's a hit! It's moist and flavorful without overpowering the younger tastebuds."
"This is wonderful !!! I will be making this often."
"This is by far one of the very most delicious breads I have made with my bread machine. Perfect! This one is a keeper and I will be making this often! The whole family loved it. The only problem was it was gone in no time! :)"
"Absolutely wonderful. Deliciously moist. The kids loved it!"
"This is delicious! I needed to add about 1/3 cup extra flour for high altitude, but it tasted great!"