Soft Oatmeal Bread Recipe
This moist and tender loaf will complement most any meal. “My husband loves to make this bread,” Nancy Montgomery says from Plainwell, Michigan. With its mild oat taste and soft texture, it's sure to be a hit with the whole family.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours YIELD:20 servings
- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC