Soft Oatmeal Bread Recipe
My husband loves to make this bread. With its mild oat taste and soft texture, it's sure to be a hit with the whole family. Slices are great toasted up for breakfast, too. —Nancy Montgomery, Plainwell, Michigan
- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 3. Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).
1 slice equals 127 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Soft Oatmeal Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC