My daughter Hannah, 4, and I came up with this recipe on Christmas Eve when she wanted to make treats for Santa. Building a snowman is lots of fun, but coating one in candy is even cooler!
17 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 9 pieces candy corn
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 34 round butter-flavored crackers
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 34 miniature chocolate chips
- 34 milk chocolate M&M's
- Licorice pieces or assorted colors of decorating gel
- Remove yellow ends from candy corn. Cut each candy in half
- lengthwise; set aside.
- Spread peanut butter over half of the crackers; top with remaining
- crackers to make sandwiches.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip sandwiches
- in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- Immediately position chocolate chips for eyes and mouths and add a
- reserved candy corn half for nose. For earmuffs, place an M&M on
- either side of face, connected with a piece of licorice or a strip
- of decorating gel. Let stand for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 17