- 9 pieces candy corn
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 34 round butter-flavored crackers
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 34 milk chocolate M&M's
- Decorating icing
- Remove yellow ends from candy corn. Cut each candy in half lengthwise; set aside. Meanwhile, spread peanut butter over half of the crackers; top with remaining crackers to make sandwiches.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip sandwiches in candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- Immediately arrange 1-2 teaspoons miniature chocolate chips to make eyes and a mouth; add a reserved candy corn half for a nose. For earmuffs, place an M&M on either side of face, connected with a strip of decorating icing. Let stand for 30 minutes or until set. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Yield: 17 servings.
Reviews forSnowman Treats
"Great cookie to make with children !!!!!"
"I had a cookie exchange to go to and thought these would be cute to bring. I used Ritz brand crackers and they were great! I couldn't find candy corn this time of year so used orange frosting for the nose and red decorator frosting for the top of the ear muffs. A little messy and time consuming but the results are worth the effort. My final recommendation would be to use almond bark instead of chips for the coating. I have used both and the almond bark is much easier to melt and doesn't get "globby" after being over the double boiler for awhile like the white chocolate chips did. Kids love these!"
"These are just too cute! The taste great too. You could make these all during the winter and not just for the holidays."
"My entire family had a blast making these treats. An added plus they taste great. We will be adding this to our cookie list. (We used small pieces of starburst warmed and shaped into cones for the noses. )"
"i made these but i put peanutbutter on one side and marshmellow cream on the other side very good"
"I love these, but I stood the nose straight up. It looked better to me. The white looks like snow on the carrot. Great Idea!"
"my mom has been making these for years, they are really good."
"I used oreo cookies and they look wonderful. Children will love them. Thank you for this easy cooking giving idea."
"I love this recipe and have tried it before with just milk choc. but now I really like this better! SO GOOD!"