Snow Flurry Brownies
These brownies are the best dessert in my recipe box. I've even prepared them on the spur of the moment while company was over for dinner. They take just minutes to mix up, are out of the oven in half an hour and generate many compliments.
-Sherry Olson, Boulder, Colorado
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts or almonds
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to sugar
- mixture until well blended. Stir in vanilla chips and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut
- into diamond shapes if desired. Yield: 16 brownies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 187 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.