- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts or almonds
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in vanilla chips and nuts. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into diamond shapes if desired. Yield: 16 brownies.
Reviews forSnow Flurry Brownies
"I remember when this recipe came out in the magazine. It was a brownie special issue. This was the first recipe I tried for the brownies from that issue which I still have. It was delicious then and it is now. It is so easy to quickly whip together and tastes great. Just as the recipe says don't over bake. I leave out the nuts and add chocolate chips instead with the white ones. Surprised this recipe doesn't have more reviews."
"added 1/2 c. of coconut instead of chocolate chips...Wonderful!"