You can't go wrong when serving Penny Walton's speedy skillet specialty. The Westerville, Ohio cook tops tender chicken breasts with mushrooms, bacon, green onions and cheese for a swift and savory sensation that's sure to become a family favorite.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Garlic powder and seasoned salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with garlic powder and
- seasoned salt. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, brown
- chicken in oil for 4 minutes; turn. Top with the mushrooms, cheese,
- green onions and bacon. Cover and cook 4 minutes longer or until
- chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 230 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 799 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.