Smooth Strawberry Soup Recipe
Each year, we wait impatiently for the strawberries to start producing so we can make this great soup. The berry flavor is complemented by a sprinkling of sweetly spiced croutons. —Janice Mitchell, Aurora, Colorado
- 1 quart strawberries, halved
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, optional
- CINNAMON-SUGAR CROUTONS:
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place half of the mixture in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with the remaining strawberry mixture.
- 2. Stir in cream and orange juice if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, saute bread cubes in butter until golden brown. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar; toss to coat. Cool. Stir soup before serving; garnish with croutons. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Smooth Strawberry Soup
Reviewed Mar. 2, 2009 Edited Aug. 2, 2011
"This soup is amazing! It gets compliments every time."
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2008
"1 cup of evaporated milk can be used in place of half & half"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC