- 1 quart strawberries, halved
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, optional
- CINNAMON-SUGAR CROUTONS:
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place half of the mixture at a time in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in cream and orange juice, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute bread cubes in butter until golden brown. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon; toss to coat. Cool. Stir soup before serving; garnish with croutons. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSmooth Strawberry Soup
"This soup is amazing! It gets compliments every time."
"1 cup of evaporated milk can be used in place of half & half"