Smoky Grilled Corn on the Cob Recipe
We love corn and are always looking for new ways to enjoy it. This tastes great right off the grill but leftovers are delicious in salads and tacos. I like to let the corn cool, cut it off the cob, then top it with butter and fresh cracked pepper. —Rachel Smith, Vicksburg, Michigan
- 6 medium ears sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Brush corn with oil. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over corn. Rewrap corn in husks; secure with kitchen string. Place in a Dutch oven; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes; drain.
- 2. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often. Yield: 6 servings.
1 ear of corn equals 120 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC