Smoky Grilled Corn on the Cob
We love corn and are always looking for new ways to enjoy it. This tastes great right off the grill but leftovers are delicious in salads and tacos. I like to let the corn cool, cut it off the cob, then top it with butter and fresh cracked pepper. —Rachel Smith, Vicksburg, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 6 medium ears sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove
- silk. Brush corn with oil. In a small bowl, combine remaining
- ingredients; sprinkle over corn. Rewrap corn in husks; secure with
- kitchen string. Place in a Dutch oven; cover with cold water. Soak
- 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 25-30 minutes or until tender,
- turning often. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ear of corn equals 120 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.