We love corn and are always looking for new ways to enjoy it. This tastes great right off the grill but leftovers are delicious in salads and tacos. I like to let the corn cool, cut it off the cob, then top it with butter and fresh cracked pepper. —Rachel Smith, Vicksburg, Michigan
Featured In: 22 Ways to Eat Corn on the Cob This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 medium ears sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Brush corn with oil. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; sprinkle over corn. Rewrap corn in husks; secure with kitchen string. Place in a Dutch oven; cover with cold water. Soak 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Smoky Grilled Corn on the cob in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014