Smoked Turkey and Apple Salad
An eye-catching dish, this refreshing salad is a great main course for a summer lunch or light dinner. The dressing's Dijon flavor goes nicely with the turkey, and the apples add crunch.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 6 to 8 cups torn watercress or romaine
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces smoked turkey, julienned
- 4 unpeeled apples, sliced
- 1/3 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- Whisk together dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Just before serving, arrange salad greens on a platter or individual
- plates. Top with carrot, tomatoes, turkey and apples. Drizzle
- dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.