Smoked Turkey and Apple Salad Recipe
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 6 to 8 cups torn watercress or romaine
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces smoked turkey, julienned
- 4 medium apples, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. Whisk together dressing ingredients; set aside.
- 2. Just before serving, arrange salad greens on a platter or individual plates. Top with carrot, tomatoes, turkey and apples. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 382 calories, 25 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Smoked Turkey and Apple Salad
"This salad is great! Definitely make this with Thanksgiving leftovers as a delicious, light sequel to the big dinner. When I don't have leftover turkey, I buy precooked chicken strips in the supermarket. This is terrific in the summer too for lunch or dinner! I've given out the recipe several times."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.