Smoked Turkey and Apple Salad Recipe
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 6 to 8 cups torn watercress or romaine
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces smoked turkey, julienned
- 4 medium apples, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. Whisk together dressing ingredients; set aside.
- 2. Just before serving, arrange salad greens on a platter or individual plates. Top with carrot, tomatoes, turkey and apples. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 382 calories, 25g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Smoked Turkey and Apple Salad
"This salad is great! Definitely make this with Thanksgiving leftovers as a delicious, light sequel to the big dinner. When I don't have leftover turkey, I buy precooked chicken strips in the supermarket. This is terrific in the summer too for lunch or dinner! I've given out the recipe several times."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.