Smoked Salmon Spread Recipe
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pouch (6 ounces) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy. Stir in the salmon, onion, horseradish and Liquid Smoke until blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3/4 cup.
One serving: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 70 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.