Smoked Salmon Spread
"We're empty nesters now, and I've been experimenting to downsize recipes," shares Judith Mason of Bismarck, North Dakota. "This is a favorite." You can mix together the tasty topper in just 5 minutes, then pop it in the fridge a few hours before snacktime.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pouch (6 ounces) boneless skinless pink salmon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy. Stir
- in the salmon, onion, horseradish and Liquid Smoke until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: One serving: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 70 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.