"We're empty nesters now, and I've been experimenting to downsize recipes," shares Judith Mason of Bismarck, North Dakota. "This is a favorite." You can mix together the tasty topper in just 5 minutes, then pop it in the fridge a few hours before snacktime.
Recommended: 30 Seafood Recipes for Christmas Gatherings
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) boneless skinless salmon, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- Assorted crackers
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy. Stir in the salmon, onion, horseradish and Liquid Smoke until blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Originally published as Smoked Salmon Spread in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p33