Smoked Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes
Apple and sweet potato flavors combine so nicely with pork. My family enjoys simple dinners like this one.—Helen Sanders, Fort Myers, Florida
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 6 smoked boneless pork chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut lengthwise into thirds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple juice or water
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over
- medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned;
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with sweet potatoes.
- Combine brown sugar and pepper; sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Top
- with apples; drizzle with apple juice.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or
- until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 584 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 2,462 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 52 g protein.