Smoked Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 6 smoked boneless pork chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut lengthwise into thirds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple juice or water
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with sweet potatoes. Combine brown sugar and pepper; sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Top with apples; drizzle with apple juice.
- 3. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 584 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 2,462 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 52 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer