- 6 fully cooked smoked pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut lengthwise into thirds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple juice or water
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil on each side. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with sweet potatoes. Combine brown sugar and pepper; sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Top with apples; drizzle with apple juice.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until the apples are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSmoked Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes
"Flavors work well but don't thinly slice the apples they turn to mush."
"Made this for the second time. First time I did it exactly as it said. It was good but the sweet potatoes were way overcooked. Today I used regular pork chops and 2 large sweet potatoes, which I did not pre-cook. I cut them up a bit smaller and left them raw on top of the chops. Turned out delicious. Nice and easy one dish dinner, although I served some green beans along side. I will be making this again for sure."
"Our family also enjoyed this simple yet delicious recipe."
"I looked into information about the sodium in smoked pork chops. This is what I found. A four oz boneless smoked pork chop has approximately 1216 mg of sodium or 304 mg. per oz. This recipe calls for 7 oz boneless pork chops which is a large serving. That is why the sodium is so high. Maybe use a smaller chop if available but that would alter the baking time, too. I would probably make the sauce ingredients on stove top and use it as a spoon over sauce using small chops to avoid over baking them."
"Sounds great, but how can you cut a sweet potato into thirds lengthwise? Wouldn't quartering the potatoes be considerably more practical (and less likely to cause you to jam a knife into your hand)?"
"My husband was even funnier. When I saw this quite some time ago, I made it just as is and he said "what a pretty presentation". HA, I have been working on him it's true but I had to hide my face, so he wouldn't think I was laughing!"
"This is a great recipe....simple ingredients with excellent results...my husband raved about this...only addition I used was a sprinkle of cinnamon on top!!!"