Slow-Cooker Chai Tea Recipe
- 3-1/2 ounces fresh gingerroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 25 whole cloves
- 15 cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 3 whole peppercorns
- 3-1/2 quarts water
- 8 individual black tea bags
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1. Place the first five ingredients on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Add spice bag and water to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 8 hours.
- 2. Add tea bags; cover and steep 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags and spice bag. Stir in milk; heat through. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup equals 114 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Reviews for Slow-Cooker Chai Tea
"Absolutely wonerful! I like it a little sweeter, so I put in more conensed milk but the spice combination was perfect."