Slow-Cooker Chai Tea Recipe
The sweet and spicy aroma that wafts from the slow cooker as this pleasantly flavored chai tea cooks is wonderful. —Crystal Jo Burns, Iliff, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours YIELD:12 servings
- 3-1/2 ounces fresh gingerroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 25 whole cloves
- 15 cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 3 whole peppercorns
- 3-1/2 quarts water
- 8 individual black tea bags
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1. Place the ginger, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon sticks and peppercorns on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add spice bag and water to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- 2. Add tea bags; cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags and spice bag. Stir in milk; heat through. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup equals 114 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC