Slow Cooker Chai Tea Recipe
- 15 slices fresh gingerroot (about 3 ounces)
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 25 whole cloves
- 15 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 3 whole peppercorns
- 3-1/2 quarts water
- 8 individual black tea bags
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1. Place first five ingredients on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Place spice bag and water in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 8 hours. Discard spice bag.
- 2. Add tea bags; steep, covered, 3-5 minutes according to taste. Discard tea bags. Stir in milk; heat through. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 114 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chai Tea
"Great recipe, I made it twice and both times I had none left over. I really make your house smell like Christmas. Will definitely make it again."
"Absolutely wonerful! I like it a little sweeter, so I put in more conensed milk but the spice combination was perfect."