Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken Recipe
Garlic, oregano and lemon juice give spark to this memorable main dish. It's easy to fix - just brown the chicken in a skillet, then let the slow cooker do the work. I like to serve this dish to company. -Walter Powell, Wilmington, Delaware
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 5-1/4 hours YIELD:6 servings
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits. Pour over chicken.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Baste chicken with cooking juices. Add parsley. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. If desired, remove chicken to a platter and keep warm; thicken cooking juices. Serve over chicken and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC