- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Combine the oregano, seasoned salt and pepper; rub over chicken. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in butter; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic and bouillon to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Baste chicken with cooking juices. Add parsley. Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Serve with rice. (If desired, cooking juices may be thickened before serving.) Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Lemon Chicken
"easy and YUMMY!!! Roasted potatoes with it. Thank you!! Will DEFINITELY make again and again!"
"So easy and a hit with everyone!"
"This is my go to recipe. DELICIOUS."
"This recipe could not be saved into my own Recipe Box"
"Recipe looks good, but you lost me at the nutrition breakdown. There is no way 12oz of chicken with all that extra flavoring is only 336 calories. It is AT LEAST 200 calories more"
"Made according to recipe, except I used vegetable stock in place of the water to add more flavor. AMAZING!!! This is my new favorite chicken recipe! (even better than fried in my book)"
"Followed recipe as written, so pleased I did. Wonderful flavor, moist, just mouth-watering. During last hour of cooking, I added baby carrots to cook, during the last ten minutes I added noodles. Everything was saturated with that wonderful lemon , garlic flavor. A definite keeper."