Slow-Cooked Green Chili Beef Burritos Recipe
This recipe gets rave reviews every time I make it. The shredded beef has a luscious, slow-cooked flavor that you can’t get anywhere else.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup Mexican-style hot tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (12 inches)
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream
- 1. Cut roast in half and place in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Add broth. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove beef. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid; reserve 1/2 cup liquid. Return shredded beef and reserved liquid to the slow cooker. Stir in the enchilada sauce, green chilies, tomato sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour or until heated through. Spoon beef mixture down the center of tortillas; add toppings of your choice. Roll up. Yield: 12 servings.
1 burrito (calculated without optional ingredients)equals 419 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,175 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Green Chili Beef Burritos
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC