Slow-Cooked Beef Brisket
When my husband and I were both working full-time, we loved this recipe's 10-hour cook time. The beef brisket tastes so good after simmering all day in the crockpot, and the chili sauce adds a unique touch to the gravy.
— Anna Stodolak
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8-1/2 hours
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds), cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Rub brisket with pepper; place
- over onion. Top with mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine the broth,
- chili sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over brisket. Cover and
- cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine flour and
- water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high
- for 30 minutes or until thickened. Slice brisket; serve with gravy.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 284 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.