- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds), cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Rub brisket with pepper; place over onion. Top with mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine the broth, chili sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Slice brisket; serve with gravy. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Beef Brisket
"This was absolutely the nastiest brisket I have ever had. Please save your brisket for another recipe. Tasted like I was eating sugar flavored meat... YUCK!! And I'm betting good money that someone got paid to write the other reviews before me.. that or karlbon04's entire family lied to him."
"The header describes adding cinnamon. Is something missing?"
"We really enjoyed this recipe. I did not have a brisket on hand but use a chuck roast . It was delicious"
"This is a GREAT recipe, I had never made brisket before but I seen it while I was shopping, and bought a 6lb piece of it. I followed directions to the "T"! My family loved it, I would make this over and over again. It had so many wonderful flavors, and the gravy just added more to it! I cant say enough about this recipe. Thanks for sharing this."
"This does sound great, next time I buy a brisket I plan to try it. Anna"