These fries are "skinny" since they bake to a crisp in the oven, without submerging the potatoes in oil or fat. They're great with a meal or as a snack.
-Ann Janis, Tucson, Arizona
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch julienned slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a bowl drizzle with butter and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45 minutes until golden brown,
- turning once. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 175 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.