Skillet Steak Supper Recipe
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Sprinkle steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add wine or broth to skillet. Stir in the mushrooms, onions, butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, remaining salt if desired and remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Serve over steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 steak with 1/2 cup sauce (prepared with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon butter) equals 376 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 1,166 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Skillet Steak Supper
"My husband loved the flavor and I loved the ease and the flavor. I will certainly be making this again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.