Skillet Steak Supper
With all of the ingredients cooked in one skillet, this steak dish couldn't be quicker to prepare...or clean up! But the wine and mushroom sauce makes it seem special. Sandra Fisher of Monroe, Washington shared the recipe.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle steaks with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a
- large skillet, cook steaks in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine or broth to skillet. Stir in the mushrooms, onions, butter,
- Worcestershire sauce, mustard, remaining salt if desired and
- remaining pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or
- until mushrooms are tender. Serve over steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak with 1/2 cup sauce (prepared with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon butter) equals 376 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 1,166 mg sodium,