- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle steak with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook steak to desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), 6-7 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until tender. Stir in wine; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in green onions, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and the remaining salt and pepper. Cut steak in half; serve with mushroom mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSkillet Steak Supper
"easy and delicious meal! Portabellas pair well with sauce and steak."
"My husband loved the flavor and I loved the ease and the flavor. I will certainly be making this again."