Simple Swedish Meatballs Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen fully cooked Swedish meatballs or 1 package (26 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until tender, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in broth, cream of chicken soup and soup mix. Stir in meatballs. Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 5-6 hours.
- 2. Stir in sour cream and parsley. Cook, covered, until heated through, about 15 minutes. If desired, serve with noodles. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup meatballs and sauce: 295 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1045mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Simple Swedish Meatballs
"Everyone loved this recipe. Due to time restrains I cooked it on the stove for 15-20 minutes and had no issue with thin sauce. I served it over noodles. Thumbs up on this one!"
"I loved this recipe! The flavor was excellent. I added a tablespoon of flour to thicken a little more and I served them with rice. Will be making again!"
"Sauce is kind of thin. I should have thickened it. Sour cream did not stir in smoothly. Does not need 5-6 hours to cook. Even on low 2 to 3 hours is sufficient"