- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked Swedish meatballs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the broth, cream of chicken soup, soup mix and parsley. Add meatballs; toss to coat. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meatballs are heated through.
- Stir in sour cream. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with noodles or potatoes if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSimple Swedish Meatballs
"Everyone loved this recipe. Due to time restrains I cooked it on the stove for 15-20 minutes and had no issue with thin sauce. I served it over noodles. Thumbs up on this one!"
"I loved this recipe! The flavor was excellent. I added a tablespoon of flour to thicken a little more and I served them with rice. Will be making again!"
"Sauce is kind of thin. I should have thickened it. Sour cream did not stir in smoothly. Does not need 5-6 hours to cook. Even on low 2 to 3 hours is sufficient"