- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen fully cooked Swedish meatballs or 1 package (26 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until tender, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in broth, cream of chicken soup and soup mix. Stir in meatballs. Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 5-6 hours.
- Stir in sour cream and parsley. Cook, covered, until heated through, about 15 minutes. If desired, serve with noodles. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSimple Swedish Meatballs
"Everyone loved this recipe. Due to time restrains I cooked it on the stove for 15-20 minutes and had no issue with thin sauce. I served it over noodles. Thumbs up on this one!"
"I loved this recipe! The flavor was excellent. I added a tablespoon of flour to thicken a little more and I served them with rice. Will be making again!"
"Sauce is kind of thin. I should have thickened it. Sour cream did not stir in smoothly. Does not need 5-6 hours to cook. Even on low 2 to 3 hours is sufficient"