Simple Sausage Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce and water. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine next eight ingredients.
- 2. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and a third of the cheese mixture, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- 3. Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Uncover; bake until a thermometer reads 160°, about 10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 453 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 1245mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Simple Sausage Lasagna
"We loved this recipe! In the past when I made lasagna it tended to be somewhat watery. This was perfect and tasted great! I used bulk sweet Italian sausage but no other changes."
"I used fresh basil and 2 cups cottage cheese and 1 cup ricotta. I think this was the best lasagna I've ever made!"
"Great recipe, and it's so much less hassle and mess not having to pre-boil the noodles. I've been using this method for years, and it works EVERY time. Anybody who says otherwise must not be following the baking instructions....or something."
"Very good and easy to make. I add chopped onions and peppers when cooking the sausage in the first step."
"This is our favorite lasagna recipe and so easy to make. Only 20 minutes and it's in the oven. We absolutely love it. Sent it to my family and they love it as well. Thanks so much for sharing it!"
"I love this recipe. It turns out every time."
"This is absolutely yummy. My whole family loved it the first time I made it!"
"This recipe is great! Delicious and easy for a beginner like myself. I even shared it with my mom who is an awesome cook and she makes this meal very often!"
"the noodles do not cook properly & taste terrible"
"easy...like not having to cook noodles.but, I did use Ricotta cheese instead of Cottage Cheese....more Italian!!!"
"This lasagna is a favorite with my family, friends, and coworkers. By far the simplest lasagna to make EVER!!!!! :)"
"I was a little skeptical at first since I was used to how my mom makes her, with boiled noodles. I also used 1/4 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning instead of the parsley, basil and oregano separately. It was FABULOUS!"
"The only lasagna my boys will eat"
"Delicious! I used Bob Evans Italian sausage and ended up using a cup more of mozzarella cheese. Turned out great. My first lasagna ever was a success."
"This pork sausage lasagna was absolutely delicious! This recipe definitely deserves more than 5 stars. For the recipe, I used our own home-made pork sausage which was seasoned with minced garlic, minced onion, salt & pepper. I made the recipe as written, and it came out perfect. I look forward to making this lasagna often; especially since we always have seasoned ground pork sausage in our freezer all year round."
"Simple yet one of my family's favorites."
"I gave this recipe to a co-worker to make his first attempt at real cooking for our store's party. He did excellent. The recipe was great."
"This has become a favorite at my house. Even my toddler loves it!"
"We made it with ground beef because our store did not sell the sausage. We prefer our lasagna more saucy, and this lasagna turns out fine, just not very saucy."
"Excellent and easy! This also was my first attempt at lasagna, it turned out great. My picky kids loved it."
"I have NEVER made a lasagna before and was REALLY skeptical about this but I thought other people have done it with success so I tried it. And I'll be darned it worked and the family loved it."
"This is one of my favorite recipes from Taste of Home. I used HOT sausage to spice things up."