- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (24 ounces) cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, pepper, dried basil and oregano
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and seasonings.
- Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and a third of the cheese mixture, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSimple Sausage Lasagna
"I make this a lot, but I substitute all the spices and use the hearty Italian ragu. turns out great"
"We loved this recipe! In the past when I made lasagna it tended to be somewhat watery. This was perfect and tasted great! I used bulk sweet Italian sausage but no other changes."
"I used fresh basil and 2 cups cottage cheese and 1 cup ricotta. I think this was the best lasagna I've ever made!"
"Great recipe, and it's so much less hassle and mess not having to pre-boil the noodles. I've been using this method for years, and it works EVERY time. Anybody who says otherwise must not be following the baking instructions....or something."
"Very good and easy to make. I add chopped onions and peppers when cooking the sausage in the first step."
"This is our favorite lasagna recipe and so easy to make. Only 20 minutes and it's in the oven. We absolutely love it. Sent it to my family and they love it as well. Thanks so much for sharing it!"