Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
“I serve this easy-to-make appetizer for every special occasion and for 'munchie meals' on big-game days,” writes Peggy Allen of Pasadena, California. “My neighbors look for it whenever we get together.”
- 3 quarts water
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium lemon, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 whole peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on)
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Add shrimp. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Drain shrimp and immediately rinse in cold water. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until cold. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Arrange shrimp on a serving platter; serve with sauce. Yield: about 6 dozen (1-1/4 cups sauce).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC