Shredded Gingered Brussels Sprouts
Even people who normally don't care for Brussels sprouts will ask for a second helping of these.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts (about 5-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Trim Brussels sprouts. Cut sprouts lengthwise in half; cut crosswise
- into thin slices.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts;
- cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until sprouts begin to brown lightly.
- Add oil and toss to coat. Stir in onion, ginger, garlic and salt.
- Add water; reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or
- until vegetables are tender. Stir in pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 56 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.