Shredded Gingered Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Even people who normally don't care for Brussels sprouts will ask for a second helping of these. —James Schend, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts (about 5-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Trim Brussels sprouts. Cut sprouts lengthwise in half; cut crosswise into thin slices.
- 2. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until sprouts begin to brown lightly. Add oil and toss to coat. Stir in onion, ginger, garlic and salt. Add water; reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 56 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC