Shortcut Strawberry-Vanilla Dessert
This quick and yummy strawberry dessert is loaded with fresh strawberries and a creamy pudding topping. Make sure you make plenty—it disappears quickly. —Christine Johnson, Ricetown, Kentucky
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries and sugar; let stand for 30
- minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for
- 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 1 cup
- whipped topping; set aside.
- Cut cake into 14 slices. Layer seven cake slices with 2 tablespoons
- strawberries, 1/3 cup pudding mixture and another cake slice. Top
- with remaining strawberries and whipped topping. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 314 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a