Shortbread Cutout Cookies
This old-fashioned favorite is never out of style in the cookie jar. Rich and buttery, a batch of these melt-in-your-mouth delights will disappear in a hurry.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min.+ chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Powdered Sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until
- light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour until well mixed. Divide
- dough in two balls; flatten each ball into a 1-in.-thick disc and
- wrap each in plastic wrap. Dough will be soft. Refrigerate for 2
- hours or until firm.
- On a floured surface, roll out one portion of dough at a time to a
- 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter. Place 1
- in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at
- 325° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Remove
- from the oven and immediately prick cookies randomly with a fork.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.