This old-fashioned favorite is never out of style in the cookie jar. Rich and buttery, a batch of these melt-in-your-mouth delights will disappear in a hurry.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Powdered Sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour until well mixed. Divide dough in two balls; flatten each ball into a 1-in.-thick disc and wrap each in plastic wrap. Dough will be soft. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- On a floured surface, roll out one portion of dough at a time to a 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 325° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Remove from the oven and immediately prick cookies randomly with a fork. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Shortbread Cutouts in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p74
Reviews forShortbread Cutout Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review